Thursday, August 30, 2012

Home

My kids are grown now. Here are some things we do to help home stay home for them

1. Make your home a sanctuary for your adult children to visit
They have enough battles to fight on the outside. We want our home to be a refuge they get to flee into.

2. Give your home a familiarity they will remember and cherish
Have some consistencies that they can depend upon.

3. Welcome them home when it is best for them
This is part of making home a refuge; don't make them feel guilty for not coming more often.

4. Make home be home even if it can't be the same house
I am fifty four years old. My mom and dad don't live in the house I grew up in but I can still go to there place and be home. There are pictures I remember as a kids growing up. I can eat out of the same plates I ate from as a kid.

5. Enjoy your home even when they aren't home.

No comments:

Post a Comment